Recipe & photo credit to Jennifer from showmetheyummy.com.
This recipe for beef stroganoff requires just 15 minutes to prepare, cooks for 8 hours while you're at work, and contains no cream of 'x' soup - all real, whole ingredients. For what more could we ask?
- ½ cup beef broth (divided)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions.
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- Directly in the crockpot, whisk together ¼ cup broth, milk, white wine, salt, pepper, onion powder, parsley, celery seed, and paprika.
- Stir in butter, mushrooms, onion, and steak.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Whisk together the other ¼ cup beef broth, flour, and sour cream.
- Stir into the crockpot and cook, UNCOVERED, for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles!